Job offer: Group IT Manager (Rotterdam area)
For our client in the area of Rotterdam we are looking for a IT Manager.
The IT Manager will be based in the area of Rotterdam and will manage a small IT team (two employees in the area of Rotterdam, two employees in Singapore and two dedicated external staff in India). The IT Manager will also be responsible for managing external IT contractors, IT consultants and implementation partners. Safeguarding close cooperation between the business, the IT department, and our partners is a key aspect of the Group IT Manager position.
Role and Challenge
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our IT systems. The IT Manager will be responsible for improving existing systems and infrastructure, developing growth plans, managing projects and keeping the executive team up-to-date with the latest technologies.
We are looking for someone who can lead the transition from an application management-focused IT team to a professional IT organization capable of deploying and maintaining customer-facing IT solutions. In the past the team has been fully dedicated to support internal systems, some of which have been developed bespoke for VPS. However, our focus for the future is on delivering added value to our customers and to differentiate ourselves from our competitors, through data-driven services. In order to develop and support these data-driven services, the IT team requires a customer-focused mindset and a transition from solely facilitating internal software systems towards governing the transition to VPS as a digital service provider. This means that the capabilities of the IT team need to grow, as well.
The IT Manager will have several key objectives for the mid-term:
• Define a long-term IT strategy to ensure the continued success of the company
• Manage an update of the database architecture to a new central database that solves the current scattered database structure. This should lead to performance improvements in the (bespoke) IT systems
• Support the business to develop new tools that are customer-facing and help our customers create value. Examples are a Mobile App, Customer Portal, Data analytics solutions that are currently developed with the support of external partners
• Prepare the change from our current infrastructure provider (in Denmark) to a more modern infrastructure environment
• A completed Bachelor or Master degree in IT or other relevant field
• Proven working experience as an IT Manager
• Demonstrated leadership experience of managing a team of professionals
• Fluent in English and good communication skills
• Team player
• Hands-On attitude
• Experience with NET; Microsoft Dynamics AX, Database architecture
We provide an interesting and highly responsible position within a leading organization and world leader within the segment. Our employment terms package is excellent to mention. We offer:
• Market-based salary
• Company based bonus arrangement
• Premium-free pension
• 50% Compensation for medical insurance costs
• Minimum of 29 days annual leave
For more information about the function, please contact Menno Willemsen at +31 6 518 25 341 or firstname.lastname@example.org